Sunday, February 24, 2019

AP News Updates (News Analysis Week 5)

BY JOE KELLY

I followed three different stories for over an hour, but none of them got any updates to their story nor did they have any updates later from the Associated Press.

I compared screenshots of earlier versions to the versions I accessed around two hours later, but not a word or punctuation mark was changed. I also looked around for stories that might have had multiple points of coverage from different angles or timelines, but I couldn't find any.

However, one thing I noticed about the New York Times' Associated Press section was that it was updated frequently, about every five to 15 minutes. Some stories seemed to be repeated, but their titles and content remained the exact same. I wonder if this was because the Associated Press decided that those stories were more important, and needed to be redistributed to gain more attention.


No comments:

Post a Comment